February 23, 2013

A never dreamt of dream, come true!!

I know this is quite a weird title, but this thing that happened to me was too good to be true! I never dreamt that I would be lucky enough to experience it and it was indeed as good as a dream and as awesome as a dream come true!


Ever waited desperately for your results to come? Probably not. Coz you might think I'm talking about the school ones! But no, I'm not talking about that! Neither am I talking about the results of a job interview, nor about a college entrance exam! May be I should just come to the point..XD


Okay, so I applied for this student exchange program sometime around October and I was cent percent sure of not getting through.. It's tough now, I live in a country with the largest population of adolescents! All of them trying to get through and only 28 of them would be selected! And who was I competing with anyway? The intelligent South Indians! The ambitious Mumbaikars! The smart Delhiites! And the toppers of Ahmedabad! I didn't hope to get through but I still finished my form with honest answers and sent it!


After that, it all happened so quick I didn't realize till I reached Delhi for my national orientation.. The mail with "Congratulations, You have been selected..", the local interview, the tele interview, the round of medical certificates, reading mails on time, replying and booking tickets and knowing others who were equally lucky... OMG! There I was sitting with my Chapter Head, wondering if I should apply or not and the next moment, I land in Hotel Mapple Emerald, Delhi with 27 other students from all over India..


Then started the round of orientations and lectures and dos and don'ts! We had a wonderful time in Delhi, getting to know each other and sharing our happiness on being selected! It was great! All of us had talked to each other on Internet, but when we finally met, it was even better!


It wasn't long before we landed in our host country. And the first thing I felt was.... Cold! Yes, cold! After all, it was December and I was not in India, but all the way across the globe, in the island country; JAPAN!


Japan, the land of the rising sun, the land of bullet trains, the land of Tokyo drift, the land of chopsticks, the land of Sushi, the land of earthquakes... And for me, a land where a I had landed with 686 teenagers from Planet Earth! It was a totally new world, that had new friends, new experiences, new lessons, new learning, new family, new climate and new food! We were on a roller coaster ride called Kizuna*, that went up and down but all in all gave us happy memories for a lifetime! I would skip going into the details of my 10 days in Japan for now.. That would be described in my next post!


For now, Akshi Shah has checked in Hotel Narita View with students from India, Myanmar, New Zealand and is unsuccessfully trying to eat her Obento** with chopsticks! ;)




*Kizuna : Japanese word, meaning bond. Also the name of the exchange program.

**Obento :   Japanese meal, is served in a box.

9 comments:

  1. Well, about the result thing in the beginning, I forgot to consider scholars! They must be eagerly waiting for results. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort :) I love the way you described the mumbaikars and A'bad toppers etc. but you forgot the ambitious Barodians?!
    All in all, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aisa Karo Sab Bole Osum...From Me Not Once But 3rice Time Osum....Osum..Osum.. Great Post.. Unless If U had Wrote Typical Words In Btw Than I Really Gona Mad On Your Way Of Writing.. Keep It Ap..Have Fun In Jap.Jap Japan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Barodians are best friends and they are sexy too! Do you remember that? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i srsly like this post nd gives me goosebumps when i read it. its a dream come true for me too.. i'l be waiting for u to describe rest 10 days of trip..
    #smart delhiite :P :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It triggers all those lovely memories! Everytime someone says Japan, I'm all ears!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete