July 14, 2013

Broken Strings

The moment he rested his head on my shoulders, it occurred to me that it was the first physical contact we actually made in two years..The feeling on my skin transported itself to the rapidly beating box in my bosom and resulted into a smile! We had always been close.. He was my superhero and best friend. I grieved about how things had changed between us. The guy who had loved me since the day his eyes rested on me, had barely exchanged a couple of words with me, in the last two years. It is a lot more than just two years actually.. Ask me and it is 730 days without him. 730 days of being abnormal. 730 days of seeing him daily and turning away, pretending I haven't noticed. 730 days of being sure he realized it and yet, I couldn't help but notice how badly he tried to ignore me. How badly the valley between us gradually kept expanding! And it hurts; emotionally. And it aches, far more than any bruise on my body!

Time heals all the wounds.. But can a broken glass ever be mended? Can it be put together again to it's original form? No. It cannot be. And even if it is mended, the cracks remain forever! And that is what has happened to you and me. People kept filling our glass with so much fog, that it was impossible for us to see each other! And then one day like the fragile glass, our relation broke into pieces. And all because of one reason, which you are well aware of. The same waters you had scolded me for swimming into, were now the one your boat was sailing on! But what made you forget me? All those times? All those memories? And promises? Did I not matter to you any more? Didn't you even think once about us? Our relation? Was it so important for you to sail? That you never came back to land? 

I waited for you.. To come back, and for once ask me to forget everything and come back to normal. But you didn't try.. All you did was make one half hearted attempt to make me accept you, with all the transformations. But you didn't realize, I had accepted you from the very beginning. Exactly the way you had become. But it was impossible to nurture our plant without your sunlight. Did everything else matter to you more than us? The ones who had been with you in your victories and downfalls were now nothing! How did you forget all those days when we promised to save each other from every threat and problem?  

Don't forget all that, dear. Don't forget us. Don't forget me! Our bond cannot be so weak. Our promises cannot be so fake. And your absence cannot make things better. But alas! I can no more ask you for anything, because the right to be your priority has been taken over and I am sorry for not winning the battle.. I could have, but for you, I choose to lose and I am grieved at how you missed to notice that too?  

My dear brother, I only want to tell you that I have never had any problems with your decision. But it only broke my heart to see you walk out on your sister for someone else's. But let's stop the blame game right here. To you, I only want to say that I was, I am and will always be there for you. Because no matter what happens, a sister is always a  sister and her prayers would always protect her brother!

But remember Bhai,
 "You can't play our broken strings, 
you can't feel anything,
that your heart don't want to feel,
I can't tell you something that ain't real.
Oh, the truth hurts and lies worse,
How can I give any more,
When I love you a little less than before!"

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, Excellent Language Skills and good way of presentation! Secondly, Completely Heart Touching! Thirdly, Correct Choosing of Stream i.e. ARTS! Fourthly, besides from BEING LOL, a better person to understand! Fifthly, Meet me on FACEBOOK with a BIG SMILE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, thank you for such a lovely comment. Secondly, yes Arts is perfect for me. Thirdly, I am not always LOL. Fourthly, welcome to my world. Fifthly, see you at school with a BIG SMILE! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dishit sir! ;)
      I promise nover to disappoint you in the future.. Dont forget to look forward to a lot of days ending like this. I'll keep posting! :)

      Delete