September 5, 2013

An emotional outburst!

I tried my hands at poetry... Hope you like it! :)


YOU

It's been more than a year now,
I want to forget you, but how?
Just last night I had a dream,
Today I doubt, was it a whim?

You & I sit in a lush green field,
Dreams of dreams we both build,
"I can talk with you for hours", you say;
That simple lie does make my day..

You ask me to wait and not move on,
I do with a hope, that's newly born.
You keep me waiting, for a long time,
Did I ever mean, more than a dime?

They asked me not to fall, you wouldn't catch,
But the hole in my heart, needed your patch.
No one to reciprocate the intense feelings,
I felt like a songbird, that lone sings..

Then what did you do that held me thus?
And see far fetched dreams for both of us?
Are you a mirage, just an illusion?
Or an unending marathon, I began to run?

Whatever it is, you taught me much,
And hurt me bad without a touch;
You took me for granted, wasn't I dumb?
To suffer a pain that makes me numb!


4 comments: